Events Manager – Maternity Leave Cover
Employment Status: Full Time, Term Position, 12-16 Months
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing Date: Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 5:00pm
The Kwanlin Dün Cultural Centre is seeking an Events Manager for a 12-16 month, maternity leave cover term. The Events Manager (EM) is responsible for booking, organizing, planning and implementing events in the Kwanlin Dün Cultural Centre including receiving and directing rental inquiries, managing the overall bookings calendar, conducting rental client tours, coordinating event intakes, creating event sheets, quotes and contracts, organizing event plans and schedules, maintaining and updating event paperwork, and communicating with clients.
This position requires an individual who is outgoing and able to maintain a positive personality at all times when working with clients, customers, staff and other guests of the facility. The successful applicant will have outstanding management, interpersonal and communication skills, and a strong ability to work as part of a team as well as in a leadership position.
This position requires exceptional attention to detail and time management skills, as well as strong organization and information management skills. The incumbent will possess strong knowledge and experience in event planning and management, and have a passion for providing outstanding customer service and ensuring the success of every event.
This position requires an individual who is reliable, diplomatic, and confident, and who is able to work well with initiative under extreme pressure and multiple tight deadlines.
- Post secondary education in Business, Communications, Performance Arts, Tourism, First Nation Studies combined with extensive experience in event planning/management or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Minimum of 5 years of event management experience;
- Strong knowledge of the local conference and events planning industry;
- Excellent verbal, public and written communication;
- Efficient, consistent team player;
- Marketing and promotional skills;
- Innovative problem solving and puzzle solving skills;
- An out-going, people-oriented personality;
- Project management experience;
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and establish priorities;
- Mediation and dispute resolution skills;
- Well-developed time management skills;
- Employee and HR management skills;
- Ability to take on responsibility and use initiative to prioritize and work effectively, under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
Knowledge of Kwanlin Dün’s First Nation history, culture, goals and aspirations is required for success in this position.
Kwanlin Dün Cultural Society’s Human Resources Preferential Hire Policy will be in affect – please clearly self-identify.
We thank all those who apply but only those considered will be contacted.
To Apply: please provide a Resume, Cover Letter and References no later then 5:00 pm PST Thursday, March 28, 2019 to:
867-456-5322 ext 108
1171 Front Street
For a complete job description please download the following document: