National Indigenous Peoples DayCelebrate with the KDCC & YFNCT!
The Kwanlin Dün Cultural Centre (KDCC), in partnership with the Yukon First Nation Culture and Tourism Association (YFNCT), is proud to host a Virtual Indigenous Peoples Day Celebration on June 21, 2020.
As our world is changing and we cannot gather in person, the KDCC and YFNCT have taken this year’s celebration online and we need your help!
We invite you to collaborate with us on a short video montage that can highlight our strong and vibrant Indigenous cultures in Yukon. Help us create a fun, celebratory video that showcases the strength and unity of our communities, and enables us to connect from afar.
Hop in front of the camera and submit a short video, 30 seconds or less, to be part of this virtual community celebration.
Once we pull all the short videos together, the finished product will be a part of our Virtual Indigenous Peoples Day Celebration on June 21, 2020 and will be shared on KDCC’s and YFNCT’s social media channels.
New deadline: Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 11:59 PM
How to participate?
To get involved, send us a short video less than 30 seconds. This video is meant to feel authentic and community-based. Have fun, be creative and celebrate with us virtually!
Videos can be as varied and creative as you want. Videos ideas can include a short clip:
- Wishing everyone a Happy Indigenous Peoples Day;
- Doing something you love on the land;
- Explaining why Indigenous Peoples Day is important to you;
- Celebrating Indigenous Peoples Day;
- Singing a short song;
- Showcasing your regalia;
- Speaking in your language; or
- Acknowledging the traditional territory that you live, work and play on.
Most of all, just have fun and join the celebration!
How to make your short video clip?
- Shoot on any device, a cell phone works great
- If you are shooting on a cell phone, make sure to turn your camera sideways to shoot in landscape (horizontal) mode
- Keep it short
- 30 seconds maximum
- Keep it positive and have fun
- Remember that the intention is to celebrate Indigenous Peoples Day and our First Nation communities
How to send us your video?
- Upload your video using link in the form below
- Please include your name, email, phone number and community
- If the upload link above does not work for you, please send your video clip using a file transfer platform (ex: WeTransfer, Google Drive or Dropbox) to email@example.com
- Videos should be no longer than 30 seconds
- Format must be .mp4 or .mov
- Videos do not need to be edited
- Join the celebration and have some fun! Let’s celebrate the unique heritage, diverse cultures and outstanding achievements of Indigenous peoples in Yukon
- Each submitted video will be entered into a draw to win an Indigenous Peoples Day gift basket, worth more than $500!
- Draw will take place on Sunday, June 21, 2020, and the winner will be announced on the KDCC’s Facebook page
Deadline: Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 11:59 PM
If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules and regulations:
- Video must reflect current COVID-19 safety measures:
- No crowds
- Maintain physical distancing with those outside your household
- Only work with those within your bubble
- Any video deemed non-compliant with COVID-19 safety measures will not be included in the final product
- Keep the videos positive and fun
- No swearing and be polite
- In order to be eligible for the draw and to be included in the video montage, videos must be submitted before the deadline
- Have fun and get creative!